TECH NECK - TIPS AND TRICKS ON HOW TO AVOID IT!
Tech Neck...it's real and it's painful. What do you know about it? Read on to learn more! As a chiropractic office in Seattle, this is something that we've begun to see all too often, and it affects everyone, not just those who work in the tech industry. Use a smartphone? Have a computer or tablet at home? You're at risk. Here's some quick tips that you can use to help alleviate and prevent neck pain.
Use a smartphone? Have a computer or tablet at home? You're at risk.
1. Buy a comfortable, supportive chair. This may seem obvious, but a great chair can make a big difference in the way you feel. Does it offer neck support? Does it make you slouch or slump? Don't waste another minute in a chair that offers you no support.
2. Stretching often throughout the day. Taking a few minutes every hour or two can make a huge difference in the flexibility and pain levels you feel. There are all kinds of stretches that you can do at your desk, but be sure you're getting up every once in a while to move around. Trilogy Chiropractic of Seattle offers a hand out on some desk stretches you can do - ask us and we're happy to share!
3. Get an ergonomic desk at work and home. Having a desk that can move up and down can make a world of difference while you're working long hours. You'll have the freedom to move it up and down as you need and won't be stuck in one position for too long.
4. Get regular Chiropractic care. Getting Chiropractic care on a regular basis can help to alleviate neck pain as well as prevent it in the future. Chiropractors are known for their ability to reduce back and neck pain, so the next time you're feeling sore or out of place, give us a call. Often times, you just need a quick check-up and re-alignment and you can get back to feeling good!
5. Try Massage. Massage, like chiropractic care is well known for it's ability to help heal the muscles and get them to move properly. Muscles attach to bones, and when the muscles are too tight they shorten and they pull on the structure and can cause pain. Sometimes just getting a single massage can give you a lot of relief!
Even just implementing a few of these things should help you with your neck pain and help you find relief. Remember, there's no need to suffer though, so if you're hurting, please call us and let us work with you to get you out of pain and back to feeling great! Visit us at www.trilogychiro.com or (206) 588-0014 to schedule your appointment today!